Friday, May 23, 2008

Normal Transmission Will Resume Shortly

Erractic posting on this blog is nothing unusual, but this whole "Moments In Death Metal" thing (upcoming: Iron Fist) is taking entirely more effort than I was expecting. Between that, actually reading comics, and watching Ghost In The Shell : SAC, I've been finding little time to actually post content. Things should be a bit more regular shortly (I hope).

Anyway, in the meantime, I've been adding to my toy collection recently, including $140 in purchases today alone. I completed the Iron Man movie series:

The Limited Edition version (far right) had been going for $25 at Toyworld, and there was no way I was paying that for it. Eventually a department store got them in, and I picked it up for $18. That prompted me to buy the Mark 2 and Removeable Armour versions. I don't know why anyone buys things at Toyworld, they're so much more expensive then everywhere else. I'll only go there for the occassional item that noone else is carrying.

At the card shop today, the new JLA figures were in, I got Hawkgirl to add to my JSA lineup.

(sidenote: the sooner she leaves JLA and goes back where she belongs, the better. Better wait until the JSA gets rid of half their roster though, or she'll never get any face time).

Also in at the card shop, the Manga-ised version of Power Girl:

Heeeeeee, it's so cute. Expensive, but cute. As you can see, I've made a little Power Girl shrine.

I've bought a bunch of Hotwheels Batmobiles too, might post pics at a later date.

No comments: