Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week in review

I spent $170 on trades and comics this week, thankfully most of that was covered as a birthday present. Here's the monthlies I got:

Blue Beetle #17

Yay, we got two pages of Brenda this month. Her scenes are always fun. This book deserves to be one of DC's top sellers.

Exiles #96
First of all, I'd like to know why noone told me 96 issues ago that there was going to be a comic starring Blink. She was by far the best thing to come out of Age Of Apocalypse, and I remember being gutted when that series ended because, well, no more Blink. So I noticed this comic with Spider-Man 2099 on the cover, so I had a look, and did a double take. It was ok, this sucked though:

You remember that, Blink? So do we, because it only happened 6 pages ago. Geez, Claremont likes to state the obvious, doesn't he?

Ultimate Fantastic Four #44

Ouch! Another so-so issue, this storyline is moving a little slow, and isn't really that interesting to be honest. Only two more issues to go before I can drop it though, so that's good.

Hellblazer #234

Nice story John, thanks for sharing. Ok, I'm on board for this arc now, if for no other reason than I want to see how the various story elements end up relating to each other.

Starlord #1
My favourite bit:


Silver Surfer Requiem #3
SS vs Star Ships is always a good time. I liked this issue. When he was listening to the two leaders about their planets war, you just knew he was going to kick their asses.

No comments: