Friday, April 2, 2010

Brief Interlude For Coolness

Currently in the middle of the Wellington Armageddon convention. Will give a bit of a rundown after the final day tomorrow, but for now just wanted to show off a couple of sketches I had done today.

The first is by Agnes Garbowska.

Her stuff's super cute, she has an issue of Spider-Ham coming out from Marvel in the next month or two.

The second sketch, which is what I'm most excited about, is by Mike Allred.

Mike's retired from doing convention sketches, and the previous week at the Christchurch con turned down all requests. This week I guess he was just in the mood for drawing, he got through 4 requests today. Lucky for me I was hanging around early on, since I wound up buying a Madman page (pics to come later). His wife Laura commented in the afternoon that she still couldn't believe he was doing sketches, so that's how rare they are. I love the character to it.

1 comment:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

DUDE! Those are freakin' awesome! Gorgeous sketches! I'll be sure to shout about them over at FIRESTORM FAN.

That Mike Allred one is just classy.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com