Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Framing Armageddon

Following on somewhat from yesterday's post about my convention purchases, today I framed my Wonder Woman page by Nicola Scott. That is, after walking the city trying to find a frame big enough...

As I've shown before, I like to get creative when I'm cutting the boards for a frame. This time I almost did it the traditional way, but as soon as I sat down to do it, I was hit with inspiration. I had a lot of dead space between the picture and the frame, so why not drop in the Wonder Woman logo.

I think it came out great. It took a little over 2 hours to do, but was worth the effort.

Just to be extra clever, I changed the bevelled edge on the red card to an undercut so it slotted in seamlessly with the yellow card.

Who said frames have to be boring.

No comments: